Monday, July 21, 2008
Today is my last beginning dog class with Lightning. I'm happy that I'll have a nice long break (for who knows how long) but also will miss the classes, especially because the last few weeks, Lightning has been so good when we're there, so obedient and eager to please. It makes me happy to see how obedient and how smart he is. I know though that I still have a ways to go, and need to be especially diligent to set aside a couple days a week to work with him for a chunk of time, just so he keeps in practice.
We went to Riverfront Park on Saturday...it was fun but it was quite hot in the sun. I'll try to get some pictures up in the next few days.
Well, I thought I had more to say but nothing is coming to mind.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Monday, July 14, 2008
So, I'm feeling Anastasia kick more and more now...yesterday she was very active the entire church service. Forrest has gotten to feel the kicks too--for about two weeks, I think? The first time I thought I felt movement was the day before 15 weeks. That's earlier than I thought I first felt each of the boys, and much earlier than I felt Noelle. It's been really cool to feel her.
I'm getting to the point where I don't feel like I can bend over very well...and it seems to have come on all of a sudden. Glad I only have four months to go, but that still seems like quite a while to have my stomach squishing up into my lungs.
I love this time of year. Life is maturing all around--the garden is growing rapidly (as long as it stays watered!), fruit is ripening (yummy apricots, plums, cherries!), roses are blooming...I even enjoy the hot temperatures, as long as I'm out at my parents' house relaxing in their pool! :-)
Well, I should make breakfast because at least one of my children is up--the others should be up soon then.
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Arayah, being cute.
Bella running, kids slip-'n-sliding.
And Noelle running.
When it started getting dark we went out front and did smoke bombs, pop-its, and several other small things I don't know the names of.
Youssef's shirt. I'm just assuming Lynné made it?
Getting out some more fireworks...
Taneisha and Arayah.
Lynné, Lily and Renna.
A few of the girls didn't like the fire or the loud bangs...so they played in the Capezza's car.
Later, in the backyard, we did sparklers.
(You can see how smoky it got!)
This is my favorite.
The Deer Park fireworks show was a little far away to get any good pictures (we could see it just through a corner of the trees, and some of the brave of our group went on the roof to watch) but the neighbors had quite a few mortars they set off, so I just set the camera on non-flash to get a few shots of them. These first are blurry, I'm guessing because it wasn't very dark yet?
These are the best shots I got of the neighbors' mortars. They were pretty, I'm glad they set them off since the ones down at the park were kind of far for viewing.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
1. What are your first and middle names? Rebekah Sarah
2. When you were a kid, did you wish you were named something else? If so, what? I don't recall ever wishing that...might have, though.
3. What is your favorite [inter]national pizza chain? Probably Papa Murphy's. But I go more for Pizza Factory & Pizza Rita.
4. How many pairs of shoes do you own? Umm...5 that I wear currently, and about 3 more either too big or too hot to wear right now.
5. What is one TV show you’ve seen at least one episode of, but you can’t stand? I saw part of 30 Rock once and thought it was absurdly stupid in a not very funny way.
6. What’s your favorite cereal? Grape Nuts Flakes, Crunch Berries, Lucky Charms.
7. Would you rather have temperatures above 100º or below 30º? Below 30. Especially if you're talking Celsius.
8. What is the best concert you’ve ever been to? Todd Agnew. Both of them were so great.
9. Do you have a college degree? If so, what? no.
10. What state is home to you? Washington.
11. What is your favorite physical feature (of yours)? Hmph. I dunno, I haven't thought about it lately.
12. Do you believe God created the universe? Yes.
13. What is your very favorite outfit in your closet? I really like my maternity real-waist jeans from Old Navy.
14. Have you ever bought anything on Ebay? If so, what? Stuff. Latest was a couple nose rings that somehow I can't get back in, waah.
15. What was your favorite book series when you were a kid? Anne of Green Gables, the Little House on the Prairie books, and the Emily series.
16. Can you speak any languages other than English? If so, which ones? Un petit peu francais.
17. Do you like sweet tea? Oh yeah.
18. What’s your favorite vegetable? Broccoli, spinach, green beans, tomatoes, avocadoes, cucumbers, etc.
19. What age seems old to you right now? I dunno.
20. What is your biggest pet peeve? Arrogance. Too bad I haven't done much about my own.
21. If someone gave you $1,000 and told you that you had to spend it all within 24 hours, what would you buy? A fridge!
22. What was your first car? Our first car was a Subaru Legacy.
23. When did you last climb a tree? Maybe last year?
24. What is the last movie you saw in a movie theater? Prince Caspian.
25. Have you ever been on TV? If so, why? Not that I'm aware of. Forrest was on the news once.
26. What is your favorite website to visit when you’re bored? Um, Faaaaaaacebook. I'm hooked, on Facebook.
27. Do you usually cheer for the underdog? When it's not sports, then usually.
28. What book(s) are you currently reading? Ha.
30. What’s your favorite thing to cook? Depends on my mood, but usually something Italian, like spaghetti & meatballs or chicken parmigiana.
31. Have you ever regularly watched any Star Trek? When I was younger, we'd watch The Next Generation fairly regularly. The old ones are cool too but Captain Kirk always kind of disgusted me.
32. What color are the sheets on your bed right now? Kind of cream with plaid-ish lines on them.
33. What is one food you refuse to eat? Hmm. Split pea soup?
34. How do you take your coffee? Latte, or drip with cream.
35. Do you floss your teeth every day? Nope.
36. Which countries have you been to? The US and Canada.
37. Are you good with directions? Not with giving them, but I can usually follow them fine.
38. Which operating system is on your computer? Windows XP.
39. Do you get along well with your parents? Yep.
40. Is it “pop”, “soda”, “coke”, “fizzy”, or something else entirely? Pop.
41. What’s your favorite unhealthy fast food chain, and your typical order there? Hmm. Zips, KFC, Burger King.
42. How many presidential elections have you voted in? Two I think.
43. Does the idea of wearing clothes someone else has worn gross you out? No.
44. What is one product you can’t live without? Clothing.
45. Do you have cable/satellite TV? Nope.
46. How many kids do you want? At least four. After that I don't have a number, just a number of years before the next one.
47. On a date would you rather have a casual picnic on the beach or a fancy dinner at a romantic restaurant? Hmm. Both would cost quite a bit, so I'd probably go for something cheaper.
48. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? The church services, the family gatherings, and the stockings.
49. Have you ever met anyone in person that you first met online? Yes, several. One is my brother in law.
50. How many hours of sleep do you get on an average night? Who knows. Maybe 7 or 8, though last night was quite a bit more and I felt SO tired this morning! I guess that's what happens when your body starts catching up.
51. Who do you miss the most right now? Time when Forrest doesn't have to work 60-hour weeks.
52. What is the most expensive thing you’ve ever purchased (not counting education, cars and houses)? Wow. I can't remember when we last got a big-ticket item. We've never had to buy furniture or appliances (other than a $100 mattress and an $80 freezer, both used). Usually when we have a wad of cash we either go to the dentist, go on a trip, or pay off credit cards!
53. What's your favorite board/card/party game? I really like Guesstures if the group enjoys it.
54. Are you a vegetarian? If not, do you know anyone who is? No, and I don't think so.
55. Do you think a higher price usually means better quality? Not usually, but often.
56. Would you rather have Oreos or Nutter Butters? Yes, please!
57. What is your favorite perfume/cologne? Well it used to be Ocean Dream.
58. Would you ever get a tattoo? Nope
59. What is the lowest price you ever remember gas being per gallon? Like 89 cents.
60. Have you ever been in a wedding (other than yours)? I've been a bridesmaid/matron for each of my 5 bridesmaids, and was a flowergirl.
61. Do you ever drink alcohol? Yeah.
62. What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? I don't recall eating anything very weird.
63. What is your favorite CD ever? Hmm. Dunno.
64. When do you usually go to bed? In the nighttime.