Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I had a great birthday. Sunday, my parents did a family birthday celebration for me. All my siblings were there, Mommy made me chicken parmigiana and stuffed mushrooms, yummy breadsticks, salad, pasta & sauce. We had pies for dessert and I was given a couple gifts of spending money. It was a relaxed, uplifting day of fellowship.
Yesterday, Forrest made me a nice breakfast, and while I made a cheesecake and got myself ready, he oversaw that everything else got done. It was great to have a break! Ryan and Taneisha came over and watched the kids, while Forrest and I went out on a date. I'm so glad Forrest likes shopping! We went to Burlington Coat Factory and I found some nice dressy pants and a really pretty dress. Thanks Daddy & Mommy for the money to buy them! After that we went to Target and after a bit of browsing around the entire store, I picked out some makeup (for the first time in years!) Also I got myself some chocolates. :-) Thanks Rick and Rachel! Then we were ready to have lunch. We went to Chili's and it was really yummy. They now have a half-rack of ribs you can get (a full rack is so expensive for one person...and a lot of food for one person), and I've always kind of wanted to try their ribs...so I got that and they were good. Not my #1 choice in the future but I enjoyed them and now can say I've had them. :-) Thank you Forrest! After lunch we browsed the mall a little bit, got a Thomas Hammer mocha, and headed back home. Thanks Ryan and Taneisha for watching the kids! We visited for a while, had a yummy stir-fry and potstickers for dinner, watched some Flight of the Conchords, had some cheesecake and coffee, and watched Keeping Mum (while the kids watched their own kids-appropriate movie in the other room). It was a fun, full day, and thank you to everyone who made it special!
And now I'd better go...it's our first day of school!

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Yay, Im glad you had fun we did too!

Hannah said...

Happy Birthday! We did remember yesterday that it was your birthday, but we always wait until the evenings to call, and the evening was rather hectic. I'm glad you had such a great day! Can't wait to see you guys - only 78 days (if I'm counting properly)! Whoopie!