Sunday, December 12, 2010

A few pictures from our snowy corner of the world...

















French Press coffee in a coffee-cozy Hannah made for us one year. Mmmm!











The beautiful sinking sun in the west, behind the buildings.

























And out front, from the living room window, you can see on the right a glowy-golden water tower, reflecting the sun.












I was trying to capture the view outside combined with the reflection of tree lights on the window...apparently the kitchen lights' reflections showed up too. :-P

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Oh, my, it's so beautiful! It was so disappointing to get up at 5.30 yesterday morning, and find out that it was already up to 68 in the house, and hadn't gotten down below 40 outside. We have a slight chance of snow on Wednesday, but the rest of the forecast is clear. Oh, well, we've lived with it before! :o) It's just strange to wear my warmest dress and have to borrow Heidi's coat to go to church one Sunday (I don't know why I didn't take my coat, other than that it wasn't cold in Nevada, and we were in such a hurry), and the next Sunday to be wearing summer clothes, and want to have a picnic because it's so warm outside!

Unknown said...

The only problem with the cozy is that you can't see the coffee!

Hannah said...

Find me some clear yarn, Fred, and I'll make you a cozy that you can see the coffee through. The only other option would be a lacy cozy, which would not do the job properly. Lace is so lazy.