Monday, April 7, 2008

Lazy days...

I feel like all I've been doing lately is laying around.  I can't help it--I just can't do the stuff I normally would be able to.  Different things have been priorities for me (some better, some worse)--doing school with Timothy is a priority, but I have to remember it too, which is a challenge sometimes.  Feeding the kids meals, always a priority.  But the substance of those meals more depends on what is available to be made in 10 minutes or less, hopefully not all that time having to stand up.  Today Timothy made the pb&j sandwiches (he repeatedly asked if he could PLEASE make them himself) and he did a great job.  All I had to do was cut up a pear and there we had it.
Training Lightning is up there on the priority list, but requires time that I feel well enough, so I haven't been doing it as much as I should.  But he's finally getting "sit" and he's been doing well with "leave it" and "watch".  It's exciting to see his improvement just by doing 5 minutes of training in a day.  
And trying to get enough nutrients for the baby is a real challenge when almost nothing sounds good most of the time.  Hopefully I won't eschew the high-protein foods for the whole pregnancy...but right now the things that are the easiest to eat are bread (thankfully I can eat whole-wheat without it making me sick) and crackers, etc.  Cheddar cheese also is sometimes an option, but strangely enough string cheese (which normally taste better & milder to me) just makes me wanna GAG thinking about it.
Well, all the snow from Saturday morning was gone by the afternoon, and even though it's still been colder than normal, it's starting to feel, smell, and look like spring here.  For that I'm thankful.  Maybe by the time it's getting really pretty and green outside I'll be feeling well enough to take advantage of it. :-)

4 comments:

Ryan said...

One of the good things that have come out of me being so sick is that my kids have learned to do a lot more things by themselves. Sounds like Timothy is as excited as my kids are about doing new things. It's amazing how understanding my kids have been.

Rebekah said...

Yeah, Noelle will say, "You not feeling good, Mama?" And then sometimes touch me and say, "ohhhh, you're otay."

RachelCapezza said...

Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon. The first trimester is a pain.

Ryan said...

Thats so cute about Noelle. What a sweety!
The other day Bella asked me if my baby was making me sick. Then she ran down the hall and yelled,
"Toria be quiet mommy's baby is pinching her nipples again".
I have no idea how she came up with that but it made me laugh.;-)