Monday, October 18, 2010

Cute sayings...

Anastasia has this new thing about everything "getting" her. When I went to pour cream in coffee this morning she says of the cow on the carton, "Scared. Puppy. Puppy getchu."
And then she found a little piece of the black end of her banana peel on the table. "Bug!" she says. I explained it was a banana crumb. Then it was, "Banana crumb, getchu." Oh brother!
We went to have Compline last Tuesday night in the Chapel of St. Peter & St. Paul in the Fort. In there is a statue of King Jesus. "Scared," says Anastasia, "Jesus getchu."
"No, Jesus is not going to get you. Jesus loves you!"

She enjoys looking at Baby Jesus and Crucifixes though. Often she'll look up at the crucifix on the rood screen in chapel and say, "Jesus died." Or at Baby Jesus and Mary at the side altar, and say "Baby Jesus! Saint Mary!" I think it's so beautiful that my children can have the visual aids present in the chapel...that wherever you look when you're in there, you are presented with a story, and reminded of God's love for you.

So yesterday at church (which, the one we attend is also in the Chapel of St. Mary, where daily morning and evening prayer are held) I was trying to keep Anastasia quiet so I was showing her different stained glass windows and telling her the names of the saints on them. We get to the window of St. Charles. Now, a little background: the girls' bedroom wall is shared on the other side by Charles' bedroom. So sometimes when the girls are going to bed, we have to tell them if they get loud, "Be quiet. Charles is sleeping!" So anyway, I showed her the window and whispered, "St. Charles." She replied, "Saint Challows, sleeping."

Oh and this one is for Grandma Lisa. Yesterday Noelle and I were talking and she said, "I wish Grandma Lisa lived in Nashotah."
"Do you miss Grandma Lisa?"
"Yeah."

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Aww, thanks for sharing!

Hannah said...

Oh, what a cute darling! I miss her (well, the rest of you, too :o) so much!

Marigold did a bit of the scared stuff too, but only because Berry did it; itaque, it was a girly thing to do, and of course Marigold has to be girly! :o)

Anonymous said...

I wish I could see those precious ones and kiss and hug them over and over! I miss you too, Noelle!
I will be writing all of the kids letters very soon! (tears falling)
Love you!
-Mommy (Grandma Lisa)