Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Fourth of July!

The Hathaways were very hospitable in opening their house to a huge crowd yesterday. All invited, there were 21-22 children, plus 3 unborn, and 13 adults? I think.

Arayah, being cute.



















Bella running, kids slip-'n-sliding.














And Noelle running.














When it started getting dark we went out front and did smoke bombs, pop-its, and several other small things I don't know the names of.














Youssef's shirt. I'm just assuming Lynné made it?



















Getting out some more fireworks...














Taneisha and Arayah.



















Lynné, Lily and Renna.



















A few of the girls didn't like the fire or the loud bangs...so they played in the Capezza's car.















Later, in the backyard, we did sparklers.














(You can see how smoky it got!)





























This is my favorite.














En Garde!














The Deer Park fireworks show was a little far away to get any good pictures (we could see it just through a corner of the trees, and some of the brave of our group went on the roof to watch) but the neighbors had quite a few mortars they set off, so I just set the camera on non-flash to get a few shots of them. These first are blurry, I'm guessing because it wasn't very dark yet?






































More sparklers...










































These are the best shots I got of the neighbors' mortars. They were pretty, I'm glad they set them off since the ones down at the park were kind of far for viewing.













4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! We didn't get to see fireworks; it gets dark so late, and there are trees and things blocking the view from here anyway. I'll bet it got pretty wild with all those kids running around! :o)

Ryan said...

You got some good shots! A couple of pics that I got make it look like our whole backyard is on fire! Ryan thought that was pretty cool. LOL

Lynne' said...

Oh, you got some good pictures... I might have to swipe some of them (you can swipe any of mine if you want too) ;)

Most of the time I was too busy holding the girls who were clinging for dear life to me to take too many pictures of the people and fireworks (and Youssef was having too much fun setting off the fireworks to take any people pictures), but the sparkler pictures that Youssef and I took are good. :)

Isaiah Eyre said...

I love that picture of Noelle running.