Thursday, July 28, 2011

A day at the Gulf of Mexico!


The water from the bridge, going towards St. Theresa.


Footprints in the white sand.

Anastasia walking down to the beach...



Stepping into the warm water.



Out of order, the kids getting ready to get in the water.

Noelle and David splashing into the water.

Anastasia coming down the beach.


Wading and playing in the waves.



Alligator Point.

Warm waves.

David said: "Daddy can we sit in the waves and talk?"

Burying Anastasia in the sand



Identified by Rebekah as "a sandpiper type of creature"

Burying Timothy "I'm Sandman"

David with a Boogie board

Our wonderful hostess Joan West who not only let us use her beach house, but also fed us lunch and took us out to dinner!

Silly 'Stasia with a mouthful of banana

The sideyard of the beach house

David and Anastasia buried in the sand

The front of the beach house

My BEAUTIFUL wife!

Striking a pose!


The front yard of the beach house.

The local fish house Joan aka Mamma took us to for dinner.

6 comments:

Hannah said...

Wow, such endless awesomeness! The sand looks soft, like flour. And that picture of David with the boogie board made a great new desktop. And FINALLY A PICTURE OF REBEKAH (BEING PREGNANT, EVEN)!!! Of course, we have seen her on Skype. But I can forget that sometimes. And such a subject does justify additional exclamation points, in my little world.

Hannah said...

Dork! *strikes forehead virtually so as to reduce pain* There was a picture of Rebekah in the museum post. And I only realized that because I was looking through the file for ones to send to Heather. Pardon me while I go try to find my memory chip. I think someone ate it.

RachelCapezza said...

I'm so glad you guys had a good time! I do love the warm beaches in Florida. The water there looks a bit muddy -- had it just rained when you got there, or was it cloudy?

And Rebekah, your hair looks really long!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a beautiful day there! So pretty! The kids all look like they had a great time! Anastasia is such a darling! I think it would be neat to visit Florida someday! I miss going to the ocean! I feel the need terribly this summer!
-Mommy

Auntie Hilary said...

Thanks for sharing! And I want to know what Forrest and David talked about in the waves. :o)

Rebekah said...

It was cloudy, but I think it was also the particular location. Right on the beach, it was about knee-deep most of the way for about 25-50 feet until you got to a sandbar where it was more like a little above ankle-deep. As the tide went out through the afternoon, the sandbar appeared out there and so we actually had a shore that was more like what I'm used to, with the waves really lapping up on it. (I didn't get pictures of that because I decided to just forget the camera and have fun.) Also, this particular spot is protected from bigger waves and undertow, because of the Point (and something else sticking out in the opposite direction). So I think that's probably why the water looks a little dirty...not as much movement.